Monday, July 16, 2012

Chuck's


I'll try to get a better picture of this next time I go, but this is one of my favourite parts of our local produce market, Chuck's.  My husband and I go to two different stores every time we go grocery shopping: This one to get quality, local produce for good prices, and another regular grocery store for everything else.  I just love the way they have part of their display in this awesome old truck.  Chuck's is a great store for everything local and organic, and on the other side of the store they have an old-fashioned soda fountain where you can order fresh made sandwiches, ice cream sodas, milkshakes, and more, including gelato.  They also have their own wine store, and a garden center, as well.  I love taking my nearly-3-year-old there because Chuck's carries all sorts of "foreign" fruit, such as dragonfruit, mangosteens, durian, horned melons, kiwi berries, rhambutans, sugar cane, and more.  I like to show her all the strange foods and let her feel them, smell them, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment